OCMC Mission Teams allow volunteers to share the Orthodox faith with people around the world. Which of the following would most impact your decision to participate on an OCMC Mission Team?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In Reflection of Day Three in Bukoba: An Update from Missionary Felice Stewart

Glory to God for All Things!

We arrived Wednesday morning around 8o'clock, and got off the overnight ferry from Mwanza. I began seeing what a beautiful place this is from Lake Victoria before we docked, and continue to notice and marvel at the natural beauty everywhere we go. The entire situation I find myself in seems to include everything that I have wanted in recent years.

We are living next door to the church, and I am able to attend services in the morning and evening. The long awaited tour of Resurrection Hospital was a real treat. It is located in green rolling hills that remind me of where I grew up in central Pennsylvania. At this time, the clinic is finished and operating. The inpatient 24/7 part will be coming in the future. We were given a tour by Dr. David, the director, and met one of the nurses. Many of you know that I love to work in a setting where everyone is welcome and can be treated regardless of ability to pay, and I am happy to tell you that this is such a setting.

Everyone has been kind and helpful in showing us how to find and obtain the necessities of life. Yesterday we were driven to them, and today we tried walking to them. We found that everything we need is a short walk from our home.

Thank you for your support and prayers. I do appreciate and enjoy all of your communications, and hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment